VMware vSphere Powercli is a command line and scripting tool built on windows PowerShell for automating various day to day tasks of VMware product environments.
Automating tasks made life really easier, that too if you are working/managing in a large enterprise environment, its very tedious task to execute tasks manually on large quantity of servers.
Learning automation skills also requires logical thought process mindset and lots of efforts. You need to have a required environment to learn and improvise your skills.
VMware has understood the demand and has released New course to learn Powercli Automation
This new 5- day course helps you to learn how to use Powercli automation tools that all customers have access to. This course also teaches you to learn how to automate the day to day administration tasks with vSphere Powercli and VMware vRealize orchestrator.
New Course name is called as “Data Center Automation with vRealize Orchestrator and vSphere Powercli”
As like other VMware courses, this course is also available in classroom based, live online and onsite formats. Course datasheet is available here.
If you want to learn Powercli, all Powercli documents can be found here. Latest Powercli version released recently is Powercli 6.3 Release 1 which can be downloaded from here (you need VMware login account to access the download link)
If you see the objectives of this course (mentioned below),
- Describe the features and benefits of automation in a vSphere environment
- Understand the role of the vSphere Web Services API in automation
- Use the Managed Object Browser (MOB) to view the structure of VMware vSphere® API and VMware vCenter Server® inventory
- Use vSphere PowerCLI to deploy and manage virtual machines and virtual infrastructure
- Run and manage library vRealize Orchestrator workflows
- Design, develop, and run custom reusable vRealize Orchestrator workflows
- Select the appropriate tool for automating day-to-day tasks in vCenter Server
its a set of complete course packed which teaches you lot of automation tasks and Powercli. I recommend to take this course for the people who wants to learn Powercli.
Happy learning !