When I was deploying VCSA (vCenter server appliance), after I filled the parameters to setup the SSO domain, got an error as “Error in fetching profile data” as shown in the below screenshot,
I cross verified all the parameters again and tried a redeploy. however I got the same issue. Later took a help from Google search and figured out an VMware KB article where problem statement was different but resolution was same.
Resolution was stating as ‘Install Client integration plug-in’.
But the tricky thing is I installed ‘client integration plug-in’, before I start the VCSA deployment. Then where could be the issue?
In the same KB article, it was stating the cause of an issue as,
“This issue occurs because the new HTML5 Deployment Wizard for the vSphere 6.0 Update 1 appliances uses new APIs that are not recognized by the vSphere 6.0 Client Integration Plugin”
Let’s get back now,
after some recap of what I have configured before the deployment, understood that I had installed the other ‘VMware-ClientIntegrationPlugin-184.108.40.20633′ version. Where as the version was different “VMware-vCenter-Server-Appliance-220.127.116.1100-3634791’ which was available in the VCSA ISO file. (screenshot below, exact path)
Then, to verify, I just uninstalled the ‘VMware-ClientIntegrationPlugin-18.104.22.16833′ version of plug in and installed “VMware-vCenter-Server-Appliance-22.214.171.12400-3634791’ version which was available in the VCSA ISO file.
Again I re-initiated the VCSA deployment, this time boom !! it worked.
I was able to proceed further to complete the deployment.
What I realized is, because of the client integration plugin version mismatch, VCSA deployment wizard for the VCSA software version was not recognized by the older version of client integration plugin.
So, to avoid these issue, it’s always recommended to install the client integration plug-in which is bundled with an iso itself when you are deploying the VCSA appliances.